- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
The Atlantis Hotel
At a Glance
- historical and modern blend works wonderfully
- spectacular oceanfront location
- excellent restaurant
- oceanfront rooms have fabulous views, but the smashing waves can be noisy at night
- remote location, so rental car advised
- no beach for swimming
Check Rates from our Partners
The Atlantis Hotel Review
The legendary Atlantis Hotel, a fixture on the rugged east coast for more than a century and renowned for its spectacular oceanfront location, was completely renovated and reopened in 2009 by the owners of Little Good Harbour. All rooms and suites are now luxuriously furnished with antiques, along with the latest technology; for example, guests can wirelessly download films directly to the TV from the hotel's movie library. Oceanfront rooms have large windows that open to the brisk sea breezes and amazing views of the pounding surf, which is just a stone's throw away. Quieter rooms and suites in the back have views of the coast. Large bathrooms are splendid and modern, although (tub-lover alert) they have showers only. The restaurant, with its deck overlooking the ocean, is a favorite of locals and visitors alike, particularly for the Bajan buffet lunch offered on Wednesday and Sunday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more