- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
At a Glance
- convenient Holetown location
- nice beach
- rooms and service still relatively "rustic" versus other west coast (but pricier) options
Check Rates from our Partners
Discovery Bay Review
Considering the beachfront location and convenience to shopping, restaurants, and nightlife opportunities (all a five-minute walk from your room), the price at this resort just off the roadside in Holetown is pretty reasonable. Despite an extensive, property-wide refurbishment in 2011, rooms remain rather basic. Deluxe and club rooms overlook the beach, and superior and garden-view rooms overlook the pool and beautifully landscaped grounds. The hotel offers accommodations-only rates, but most guests choose to pay about $50 more per day for the all-inclusive meal plan. Buffet breakfast and lunch are served by the pool; dinner, often themed, is in the restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more