- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Southern Palms Beach Club & Resort Hotel
At a Glance
- friendly and accommodating staff
- close to lots of restaurants and entertainment
- nice beach
- rooms are large and clean but dated
- room safe costs extra
- beach vendors can be a nuisance (not the hotel's fault)
Check Rates from our Partners
Southern Palms Beach Club & Resort Hotel Review
This resort is pretty in pink, you might say, with its (pink) plantation-style main building opening onto an inviting pool area and 1,000 feet of white sandy beach. Rooms and suites are attractive and spacious. The duplex suites are a good choice for families, as kids under 12 stay free. All accommodations have either a balcony or patio, where you can enjoy the ocean breeze or simply stare out to sea. Friendly, low-key, and peaceful are good descriptions of the day-to-day atmosphere. Play miniature golf or shuffleboard with the kids, learn to windsurf, take a scuba lesson in the pool, join a beach volleyball game, grab a Boogie board or perhaps a tennis racquet, or hit the gym—you choose. In the evening, live local bands entertain the after-dinner crowd, and a steel band accompanies the Sunday buffet lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more