- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
South Point Light
South Point Light Review
This is the oldest of four lighthouses on Barbados. Assembled on the island in 1852, after being displayed at London's Great Exhibition the previous year, the landmark lighthouse is just east of Miami (Enterprise) Beach and marks the southernmost point of land on Barbados. The 89-foot tower, with its distinguishing red and white horizontal stripes, is closed to the public; but visitors may freely walk about the site, take photos, and enjoy the view.
- Address: South Point, Atlantic Shores, Christ Church
- Location: South Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more