- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Banks Brewery Visitor Centre
Banks Brewery Visitor Centre Review
Since 1961, Banks has been the home brew of Barbados; and it's a very good brew at that. After a short audiovisual presentation in the "Brewseum," which is in the Old Brewhouse, see the original copper brewing kettles that have since been replaced by modern stainless-steel vats. Watch the computerized brewing, bottling, and crating process (10,000 bottles per day) as it occurs in the New Brewhouse and Bottling Hall, and then visit the adjacent Beer Garden for a sample or two. The souvenir shop sells Banks logo gear. Reservations are required for the half-hour tour.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Had I made a different decision out of high school my first visit to Barbados would have occurred a long time ago. Read more
My fiance and I are in the process of selecting a location for our wedding. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more