- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Silver Point Hotel
At a Glance
- stylish suites
- perfect location for windsurfers and kitesurfers
- gated community
- very remote
- not within walking distance of anything except the beach
- sea can be rough for swimming
- rental car recommended
Check Rates from our Partners
Silver Point Hotel Review
This gated community of modern condos at Silver Sands–Silver Rock Beach is operated as a trendy boutique hotel that appeals to singles, couples, and families—but especially to windsurfers and kitesurfers. Suites are decorated in sleek, neutral colors with dark mahogany furnishings. Each unit has coral-stone accents, cedar closets, and an iPod dock; kitchens and baths have granite-and-marble countertops. You may also mingle at the bar and dine on Caribbean cuisine at the two-story, open-deck bar and restaurant. Silver Point is perfect for those who like something chic yet fairly remote and secluded—and for those who know that Silver Sands–Silver Rock Beach is the best place for windsurfing and kitesurfing. The hotel, which overlooks the beach, offers a special windsurfing package that includes lessons and plenty of time on the water.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more