- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
At a Glance
- Private and sophisticated
- fabulous Tree Top Suites
- jaw-dropping bathrooms
- lots of included water activities
- Beach is small, as is typical of west-coast beaches
- hotel is small and many guests return year after year, so book way ahead
Check Rates from our Partners
The Sandpiper Review
An intimate vibe and (practically) private beach keep guests coming back to this little hideaway on the west coast of Barbados, with guest rooms and suites arranged throughout 7 acres of gardens. One- and two-bedroom suites have a separate living room and full kitchen, and all rooms have a toaster to ensure warm, freshly made toast with your room-service breakfast. Each unit has a CD player; those who can't live without TV can rent one by the week. Two beachfront Tree Top Suites are luxuriously spacious, with wraparound terraces with a wet bar and plunge pool, and bathrooms as big as some Manhattan apartments. Water sports, including waterskiing, are complimentary. Scuba diving, children's programs, massage, and other personal services are available at the Coral Reef Club, which is nearby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more