- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Colony Club Hotel
At a Glance
- rooms that open directly onto the lagoon pool
- complimentary organic vegetable garden tour and cooking demo, historic Holetown walk, snorkel safari, fishing with the chef, and more
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- relatively pricey
- kid-friendly activities available only seasonally (summer and holidays)
- beach comes and goes, depending on storms
Check Rates from our Partners
Colony Club Hotel Review
As the signature hotel of five Elegant Hotel properties on Barbados, the Colony Club is certainly elegant—but with a quiet, friendly, understated style primarily targeted to adult guests. A lagoon pool meanders through 7 acres of gardens, and 20 rooms have private access to the lagoon directly from their patios. Relax on the beach, soak in one of four pools, and enjoy an exquisite meal in the open-air Laguna Restaurant. Nonmotorized water sports, an in-pool scuba-diving lesson, and tennis are all included. A free water taxi provides transportation to two sister hotels located along the west coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more