- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
At a Glance
- cozy retreat
- congenial crowd
- swimming with the turtles just offshore
- narrow beach
- offshore turtles attract boatloads of tourists
Check Rates from our Partners
Treasure Beach Review
Quiet, upscale, and intimate, this boutique hotel has a residential quality. Many guests—mostly British—are regulars, suggesting that the ambience here is well worth the price. Two floors of one-bedroom suites form a horseshoe around a small garden and pool. Most have a sea view, but all are just steps from the strip of sandy beach. The super-deluxe Hemingway Suite blends antiques with modern luxury, an enormous terrace, and a whirlpool tub. Two other equally luxurious suites—Hibiscus and Hummingbird—overlook the sea. All suites have comfortable sitting rooms with open-air fourth walls that can be shuttered at night for privacy; three suites have private plunge pools. The hotel's restaurant enjoys a well-deserved reputation among guests and locals alike for its fine cuisine and pleasant atmosphere.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more