- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Fairmont Royal Pavilion
At a Glance
- beautiful resort
- excellent service—everyone remembers your name
- dining is excellent
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- dining is expensive
- in fact, everything here is expensive
- no kids under 10, Nov.–mid-Mar
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Royal Pavilion Review
Every guest room and suite in this luxurious adults-oriented resort (kids welcome April to October) has immediate access to 11 acres of lush tropical gardens and an uninterrupted view of the sea from its broad balcony or patio. From ground-floor patios, in fact, you can step directly onto the sand. In the style of a Barbadian plantation house, the rooms have rich mahogany furniture and sisal rugs on ceramic-tile floors. The resort's traditional, personalized service continues on the beach, where beach butlers cater to your every seaside whim. Breakfast and lunch are served alfresco near the beach; afternoon tea and dinner, in the exquisite Palm Terrace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more