- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
At a Glance
- great for families but also appeals to honeymooners
- popular wedding venue
- easy stroll to St. Lawrence Gap or to Oistins
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- rooms are on four levels with no elevator
- sea can be a little rough for swimming
Check Rates from our Partners
Bougainvillea Beach Resort Review
Attractive seaside townhouses, each with a separate entrance, wrap around the pool or face the beachfront; the suites are huge compared with hotel suites elsewhere in this price range, are decorated in appealing Caribbean pastels, and have full kitchens. Each also has a sitting area with a pull-out sofa—great for families with small kids. All have balconies or terraces that overlook either the pool and gardens or the sea; four units have a private plunge pool. Guests may have groceries delivered to their room or prestocked before arrival. You can even arrange for a private cook, who will prepare Bajan specialties. Children under 15 stay free when sharing a room with adults. A kids' club and a games room keep children occupied when they're not at the beach. The minimum stay in high season is seven nights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more