- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Accra Beach Hotel and Spa
At a Glance
- on a great beach and, on the street side, near shopping, restaurants, and nightspots
- good value
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- rooms facing the street are inexpensive but have a lousy view
- a/c in some rooms needs upgrading
Check Rates from our Partners
Accra Beach Hotel and Spa Review
A full-service resort in the middle of the busy south coast, Accra is large, it's modern, it faces a great beach, and it's competitively priced. Eight duplex penthouse suites—the priciest accommodations—face the sea. Most rooms overlook the large cloverleaf pool or the beach—and some of the oceanfront suites have hot tubs on the balconies. The more budget-minded can opt for the less expensive "island-view" rooms, which face the street. It's not unusual to witness a local couple being married here, and the hotel is a popular meeting venue for local businesspeople. That shouldn't interrupt your day lazing on the beach, mingling at the poolside swim-up bar, being pampered at the spa, or dining at Wytukai (pronounced Y2K)—the island's only (so far) Polynesian restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more