- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
At a Glance
- great location near town and on a beautiful beach
- excellent accommodations
- lots of services and amenities
- frequent promotional deals provide real value
- huge convention hotel
- attracts groups
- lacks "island" ambience
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Barbados Review
Beautifully situated on the sandy Needham's Point peninsula, all 350 rooms and suites in this high-rise resort hotel have private balconies overlooking either the ocean or Carlisle Bay; 77 rooms on executive floors offer a private lounge and concierge services. As it is just minutes from Bridgetown and the property has the largest hotel meeting space in Barbados, meetings are big business here. Yet the broad white-sand beach, the sprawling bi-level pool complex, and a host of activities on land and sea make this a hit with vacationing families as well. Children under 18 stay free in a room with adults, children ages four to 12 get a break on meals, and children under five eat for free—and baby-sitting can be arranged for a fee if parents want a night out alone.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more