Horse Racing in Barbados
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Barbados Turf Club. Horse racing is administered by the Barbados Turf Club; races take place on alternate Saturdays throughout the year at the Garrison Savannah, a 6-furlong grass oval in Christ Church, about 3 miles (5 km) south of Bridgetown. The important races are the Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup, held in late February or early March, and the United Insurance Barbados Derby Day in August. Post time is 1:30 pm. General admission is $7.50; it's $15 for grandstand seats and $25 for the clubhouse. (Prices are higher on Gold Cup day.) Garrison, St. Michael. 246/426–3980. www.barbadosturfclub.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe