Guided Tours in Barbados
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxi drivers will give you a personalized tour of Barbados for about $35 to $40 per hour for up to three people. Or you can choose an overland mountain-bike journey, a 4x4 safari expedition, or a full-day bus excursion. The prices vary according to the mode of travel and the number and kind of attractions included. Ask guest services at your hotel to help you make arrangements.
Highland Adventure Centre. Highland Adventure Centre offers mountain-bike tours for $60 per person, including transportation, guides, and refreshments. The trip is an exhilarating 7½-mi (12-km) ride (15% uphill) through the heart of northern Barbados, ending up at Barclays Park on the east coast. Cane Field, St. Thomas. 246/438–8069.
Island Safari. Island Safari will take you to all the popular spots via a 4x4 Land Rover—including some gullies, forests, and remote areas that are inaccessible by conventional cars and buses. The cost for half-day or full-day tours ranges from $50 to $92.50 per person, including snacks or lunch. CWTS Complex, Salters Rd., Lower Estate, St. George. 246/429–5337. www.islandsafari.bb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's