Golf in Barbados
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Barbadians love golf, and golfers love Barbados. In addition to the courses listed, Almond Beach Village has a 9-hole, par-3 executive course open only to guests.
Barbados Golf Club. Barbados Golf Club, the first public golf course on Barbados, is an 18-hole championship course (6,805 yards, par 72) redesigned in 2000 by golf course architect Ron Kirby. Greens fees with a pull trolley are $114 for 18 holes; $71 for 9 holes. Unlimited three-day and seven-day golf passes are available. Several hotels offer preferential tee-time reservations and reduced rates. Club and shoe rentals are available. Hwy. 7, Durants, Christ Church, BB17090. 246/428-8463. www.barbadosgolfclub.com.
Country Club at Sandy Lane. At the prestigious Country Club at Sandy Lane, golfers can play on the Old Nine or on either of two 18-hole championship courses: the Tom Fazio-designed Country Club Course or the spectacular Green Monkey Course, which is reserved for hotel guests and club members only. Golfers have complimentary use of the club's driving range. The Country Club Restaurant and Bar, which overlooks the 18th hole, is open to the public. Greens fees in high season are $155 for 9 holes ($135 for hotel guests) or $240 for 18 holes ($205 for hotel guests). Golf carts, caddies, or trolleys are available for hire, as are clubs and shoes. Carts are equipped with GPS, which alerts you to upcoming traps and hazards, provides tips on how to play the hole, and allows you to order refreshments! Sandy Lane, Hwy. 1, Paynes Bay, St. James, BB24024. 246/444-2500. www.sandylane.com/golf.
Rockley Golf and Country Club. Rockley Golf and Country Club, on the south coast, has a challenging 9-hole course (2,800 yards, par 35) that can be played as 18 from varying tee positions. Club and cart rentals are available. Greens fees are $62 for 18 holes and $51 for 9 holes. Weekly rates are available. Golf Club Rd., Rockley, Christ Church, BB15121. 246/435-7873. www.rockleygolfclub.com.
Royal Westmoreland Golf Club. The Royal Westmoreland Golf Club has a well-regarded Robert Trent Jones Jr.-designed, 18-hole championship course (6,870 yards, par 72) that meanders through the 500-acre property. This challenging course is primarily for members and villa renters, with a few midmorning tee times (no Saturdays) for visitors subject to availability. Greens fees for villa renters or guests at hotels with golf privileges at the club are $215 for 18 holes and $108 for 9 holes. Greens fees for visitors (10 am to 11 am tee times only) are $260. Greens fees include use of an electric cart (required); club rental is available. Royal Westmoreland Resort, Westmoreland, St. James. 246/419-0394. www.royal-westmoreland.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% Off Couples Barbados
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $129 -- Puerto Rico: San Juan Beachfront Resort, 40% Off — $129 El San Juan Resort & Casino
- $329 & up -- 5- & 7-Night Caribbean Cruises from Miami — $329 Norwegian Cruise Line