There's no sales tax in the Bahamas; the $15 departure tax is usually included in the price of commercial airline tickets.
Tax on your hotel room is 6%–12%, depending on the island visited; at some resorts, a small service charge of up to 5% may be added to cover housekeeping and bellman service.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's