The emergency telephone number in the Bahamas is 919 or 911. Pharmacies usually close at 6 pm. Emergency medicine after hours is available only at hospitals, or, on remote Out Islands, at clinics.
Bahamas Air Sea Rescue Association (242/325–8864. www.basra.org.)
United States Embassy (242/322–1181.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's