The lodgings we list are the cream of the crop in each price category. We always list the facilities that are available—but we don't specify whether they cost extra: when pricing accommodations, always ask what's included.
Apartment and House Rentals
Bahamas Home Rentals (888/881–2867. www.bahamasweb.com.)
Bahamas Vacation Homes (242/333–4080. www.bahamasvacationhomes.com.)
Hope Town Hideaways (242/366–0224. www.hopetown.com.)
Villas & Apartments Abroad (212/213–6435. www.vaanyc.com.)
Villas of Distinction (800/289–0900. www.villasofdistinction.com.)
Villas International (800/221–2260. www.villasintl.com.)
Wimco (800/449–1553. www.wimco.com.)
With a direct home exchange you stay in someone else's home while they stay in yours. Some outfits also deal with vacation homes, so you're not actually staying in someone's full-time residence, just their vacant weekend place.
Home Exchange.com (800/877–8723. www.homeexchange.com.)
HomeLink International (800/638–3841. www.homelink.org.)
Intervac U.S. (800/756–4663. www.intervacus.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's