- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great place for bonefishing
- Ezzard is a wonderful host and a top fly-fishing guide
- no Internet service
- nothing to do but fish and bird-watch
- you need to pay in cash
Sunset Apartments Review
This is your only option for a room with a water view, and a great place to watch sunsets. The two spacious apartments sit next to a rocky shoreline on Matthew Town's southern side. The cement units all have modern Caribbean-style terra-cotta tile floors, rattan furniture, small terraces, a picnic area, and a gas grill. At low tide, there's a nice sandy beach next to the apartments, and about a five-minute walk away is a small secluded beach called the Swimming Hole. Ezzard Cartwright, the owner, is the only fly-fishing guide on the island. He's usually out working, so calling after 7 pm Bahamas time is the best chance to reach him. The apartments are usually fully booked October to June so reserve early.
- Address: Matthew Town, Great Inagua Island
- Phone: 242/339–1362
- Location: Inagua
- 2 apartments.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
Hello Forum Members !!!!!
Have read a lot about this community n i think its time for me n my fiance to put up our honeymoon query !! We from New Delhi, India, and are planning to visit the Caribbea Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more