- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great place for bonefishing
- Ezzard is a wonderful host and a top fly-fishing guide
- no Internet service
- nothing to do but fish and bird-watch
- you need to pay in cash
Check Rates from our Partners
Sunset Apartments Review
This is your only option for a room with a water view, and a great place to watch sunsets. The two spacious apartments sit next to a rocky shoreline on Matthew Town's southern side. The cement units all have modern Caribbean-style terra-cotta tile floors, rattan furniture, small terraces, a picnic area, and a gas grill. At low tide, there's a nice sandy beach next to the apartments, and about a five-minute walk away is a small secluded beach called the Swimming Hole. Ezzard Cartwright, the owner, is the only fly-fishing guide on the island. He's usually out working, so calling after 7 pm Bahamas time is the best chance to reach him. The apartments are usually fully booked October to June so reserve early.
- Address: Matthew Town, Great Inagua Island
- Phone: 242/339–1362
- Location: Inagua
- 2 apartments.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
What a discovery! Read more
Twice a year I have the opportunity to relive some of my fondness memories growing up in Nassau. Read more
Hello there! Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more