- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diving and Snorkeling
Bahamas Discovery Quest. This company offers full- and half-day snorkeling trips, along with many other unique island escapades including sponging, crabbing, beaching and shelling, and different types of fishing. Long Island. 242/472–2605 or 242/337–6024. www.bahamasdiscoveryquest.com.
Dean's Blue Hole. Surrounded by a beautiful powder-beach cove, the area surrounding Dean's Hole offers a great place for a beach picnic if it's not too windy. Visitors can jump into the blue hole from various locations on the overhanging cliff above, some at 25 feet above the water. Snorkelers will see a variety of tropical fish and marine life, and Stella Maris Water Sports at Stella Maris Marina offers guided dive trips; flashlights included and necessary! While Dean's Blue hole is safe for swimming, it is recommended that all swimmers be competent or wear life jackets.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving and Snorkeling
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's