- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxis meet incoming flights at both airports. From the Stella Maris airport, the fare to Stella Maris Resort is $10 per couple; to Cape Santa Maria, the fare is $30 per couple. Guests staying at Chez Pierre Bahamas pay $40 from the Stella Maris airport and $60 from Deadman's Cay. From the Deadman's Cay airport to Gems of Paradise, the fare is $50. Ellen's Inn and Winter Haven provide free transportation from the DC airport. A full-day tour of the island by taxi would cost about $350, and a half-day tour would be about $120. However, all taxis are privately owned, so rates can be negotiated. It is generally cheaper to rent a car for the duration of your trip than it is to pay taxi fares every time you want to go somewhere.
Jerry's Taxi Service (Long Island. 242/338–8592 or 242/472–8065.)
Leonard Darville (Long Island. 242/472–0024.)
Omar Daley (Long Island. 242/357–1043.)
Scoffield Miller (Long Island. 242/338–8970.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's