- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Long Island has two airports: Deadman's Cay (LGI) in the south and Stella Maris Airport (SML) in the north. Three airlines provide daily service from Nassau to Stella Maris and Deadman's Cay airports. There are also charter services from Nassau, Fort Lauderdale, and the Exumas.
Guests staying at Cape Santa Maria or Stella Maris Resort should fly into Stella Maris airport. Chez Pierre Bahamas' guests can fly into either airport, although the Stella Maris airport is a bit closer. All others should fly into Deadman's Cay airport. Flying into the wrong airport will cost you not only an hour's drive, but also $100 or more in taxi fare. Listen carefully to the arrival announcement when you approach Long Island; most commercial airlines stop at both airports.
Deadman's Cay Airport (242/337–1777.)
Stella Maris Airport (242/338–2006.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe