The Southern Out Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Stage a disappearing act: Discover your inner castaway on islands way off the trampled tourist track. Pink or white sand, calm azure coves, or rolling ocean waves—you'll have your pick.
Tell your own tall fishing tale: Whether deep-sea fishing past the Wall off southern Inagua or bonefishing in the crystal clear shallows on Cat Island's east coast, your fish-capades will be ones to remember.
Explore historic lighthouses: Surrounded by treacherous shoals and reefs, the southern Out Islands have the country's most famous 19th-century lighthouses, most of which you can climb for stunning views.
Set sail: Sailing regattas are huge here at the gateway to the Caribbean. It's thrilling to watch the first boats come into view and race across the horizon in full sail, and the regatta site parties are fun and lively.Updated: 12-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's