- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mail boats that bring supplies to the island each week make an adventurous mode of transportation. You'll ride with groceries, large and small appliances, automobiles, and sometimes even livestock. All boats depart from Potter's Cay in Nassau. Schedules change frequently. M/V Vi Nais sails Wednesday to Acklins Island, Crooked Island, and Long Cay, returning Sunday (30 hours; $90 one way).
Ferry service between Cove Landing, Crooked Island, and Lovely Bay, Acklins Island usually operates twice daily on varying schedules between 9 and 4.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe