- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Crooked and Acklins have one airport each: Colonel Hill Airport (CRI) on Crooked Island and Spring Point Airport (AXP) on Acklins Island. Bahamasair flies from Nassau to Crooked and Acklins islands twice a week. Crooked Island Lodge picks up its guests flying into Colonel Hill with prior arrangement. The private 3,500-foot airstrip at Crooked Island Lodge is complimentary for hotel guests. Nonguests pay landing and parking fees. This airstrip is most convenient for private and charter flights if you're staying in the area of Pittstown and Landrail Point. Ask your hotel to make arrangements for picking you up at the airport in case there are no taxis.
Hotels will arrange airport transportation. Generally someone from even the smallest hotel will meet you at the airport, but taxis are usually waiting on flights.
Acklins Island Spring Point Airport (242/344–3169.)
Crooked Island Colonel Hill Airport (242/344-2357.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe