- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mail boats that bring supplies to the island each week make an adventurous mode of transportation. You'll ride with groceries, large and small appliances, automobiles, and sometimes even livestock. All boats depart from Potter's Cay in Nassau. Schedules change frequently. The East Wind leaves Tuesday for Smith Bay and Old and New Bight, returning Thursday (10 hours; $60 one-way).
Mailboat Port/Dockmaster's Office in Nassau (New Providence Island. 242/393–1064.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's