- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The New Bight Service Station rents cars and can pick you up from the Bight airport. You can rent a car from Gilbert's Food Market, also in New Bight, which also picks up from the airport. Greenwood Beach Resort, Sammy T's Beach Resort, Fernandez Bay Village, Island HoppInn, and Hawk's Nest Resort will all arrange car rentals for guests. Rates depend on the number of days you're renting, but $75 per day is average.
The best way to enjoy the overall Cat Island experience is to rent a car, at least for one day, and do some exploring on your own. You'll need one if you want to check out various settlements, as they're not within walking distance. The two-lane, potholed Queen's Highway runs the 48-mi length of the island from north to south. You can also hire a driver through your hotel.
Gilbert's Food Market (242/342-3011.)
New Bight Service Station (242/342-3014.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer — $1,749 Royal Caribbean