- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hawk's Nest Marina. Blue-water angling boat owners make a point of using Hawk's Nest Marina to access the dynamite offshore fishing. Look for wahoo, yellowfin tuna, dolphin, and white and blue marlin along the Exuma Sound drop-offs, Devil's Point, Tartar Bank, and Columbus Point. March through July is prime time with multiple annual fishing tournaments on the books. Winter fishing, December through February, is also good for wahoo. You can arrange bonefishing through the marina with top guide Nathaniel Gilbert; just call him Top Cat. Hawks Nest Resort and Marina, Devil's Point, Cat Island. 242/342–7050 or 954/376–3865. www.hawks-nest.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's