- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The small village of Devil's Point, with its pastel-color, thatch-roof houses, lies about 10 miles west of the Queen's Highway. Beachcombers will find great shelling on the pristine beach; keep an eye out for dolphins, which are common in these waters. From Devil's Point, drive north through the arid southwest corner of the island to McQueens, then west to the area's biggest resort, Hawk's Nest Resort, which has an airstrip, marina restaurant and bar. This resort is well known to serious anglers and divers, who often fly in to the resort's private airstrip and stay a week doing little else. The southwest end of the island also has good diving spots teeming with an abundance of marine life and coral heads.
Devil's Point at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's