- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Exuma International Airport (GGT) (242/345-0002) is 10 mi north of George Town. Taxis wait at the airport for incoming flights; a trip to George Town costs $25 for two people; to Williams Town, $55; to February Point, $27; to Emerald Bay, $20; to Barraterre, $50. Each additional person is $5. Staniel Cay Airport accepts charter flights and private planes.
M/V Grand Master travels from Nassau to George Town on Tuesday and returns to Nassau on Friday. The trip's 12 hours and $45 each way. M/V Captain Sea leaves Nassau on Tuesday for Staniel Cay, Big Farmer's Cay, Black Point, and Barraterre, returning to Nassau on Saturday. The trip's 14 hours and $50 to one cay, $70 to all the islands. Contact the Dockmaster's Office (242/393-1064). Bahamas Ferries ' (242/323-2166) Seawind and Sealink travels from Nassau to George Town Monday through Wednesday, returning to Nassau Tuesday through Thursday. The trip's 10 hours and $60 one way, $110 round-trip.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe