The Exumas Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Exumas
Party like a local: Hot spots include the Fish Fry on weekends for conch salad and fresh fish, Club Peace and Plenty for Friday-night dancing, and Chat 'N' Chill on Stocking Island for Sunday pig roasts.
Island hop: You'll want to spend a couple of days boating through the 365 cays (one for every day of the year, as the locals say), most uninhabited, some owned by celebrities. Get ready for iguanas, swimming pigs, and giant starfish.
Enjoy empty beaches: Beautiful stretches of bleach-white sand are yours to explore, and more often than not you'll be the only person on them, even at noon on a Saturday.
Explore the Land and Sea Park: Underwater attractions in the 176-square-mi Exuma Land and Sea Park, one of the best snorkel sights in the Bahamas, include queen conchs, starfish, and thriving coral reefs. Keep a lookout for the endangered hawksbill and threatened green and loggerhead turtles.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe