- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
An open-air deck makes Mangoes a great place for waterside dining. Enjoy a traditional Bahamian breakfast; feast on cracked conch and zesty salads at lunch; and at dinner, try house specialties like smudder grouper, fried and seasoned with tomato, thyme, and pepper sauce; grilled rack of lamb; or the catch of the day grilled, fried, or blackened. If it's wahoo, order it grilled with lots of extra lime. The restaurant is housed in a complex that contains a boutique selling resort wear and fine jewelry from around the world, and a 29-slip marina—which means you can sail in from the offshore cays, tie up in front, enjoy a meal, and do some shopping. They also offer free Wi-Fi so you can check your email while grabbing a bite to eat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
I'm looking to book a 5 day trip to a Caribbean island in Febuary, but I'm a little lost on which island to pick.
I'm looking for a smaller hotel directly on a beach that is fairly groomed and not overly Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more