- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
To travel around Great Abaco you'll need a vehicle. Renting a car is the most convenient and economical option. If you plan on staying in one town or only making short, one-time, or one-way trips you can hire a taxi. Taxis will take you all over the island, but the farther you travel from Marsh Harbour, the more extreme rates get, sometimes in excess of a hundred dollars. The closest settlement worth a visit out of Marsh Harbour is Little Harbour, about 30 minutes away.
Golf carts are used locally in Treasure Cay and Cherokee Sound. From Marsh Harbour you can boat to Little Harbour and Cherokee Sound to the south and Treasure Cay in the north.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe