- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can find bonefish on the flats, yellowtail and grouper on the reefs, or marlin and tuna in the deeps of the Abacos.
Justin Sands. Premier fly-fishing guide Justin Sands works out of a state-of-the-art Hell's Bay flats skiff that will put you on tailing bones in the skinniest water. Justin was the Abacos bonefish champ for two years running, and he will guide you in the Marls or around Snake Cay, Little Harbour, and Cherokee Sound. Advance reservations are a must. 242/367–3526. www.bahamasvacationguide.com/justfish.html.
Pinder's Bone Fishing. Buddy Pinder has 20 years' experience in the local waters, and professional Pinder's Bone Fishing provides year-round excursions in the Marls, a maze of mangroves and flats on the western side of Abaco. Advance reservations are essential. 242/366–2163.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe