- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
New Providence Island is generally referred to by the name of its historic capital city, Nassau. More than two dozen hotels and at least twice as many restaurants lure more than 2 million tourists to the city—and nearby Paradise Island and Cable Beach—annually. The heart of commerce and government and the bulk of the country's 300,000 people are crammed onto the 21-mile-by-7-mile island, less than 200 miles from Miami. Venturing outside the three main tourist areas will give you a better idea of true Bahamian life and a glimpse at some less-visited but worth-the-trek attractions.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's