- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) (242/702-1000) is 8 mi west of Nassau. There is no public bus service from the airport to hotels. Major car-rental companies are available at the airport. A taxi ride for two people from the airport to downtown Nassau costs $27; to Paradise Island, $42 (this includes the $1 bridge toll); and to Cable Beach $25. Each additional passenger is $3 and excess baggage costs $2 a bag.
Nassau is a port of call for several cruise lines. Ships dock at Prince George Wharf, in downtown Nassau.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe