- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) (242/702-1000) is 8 mi west of Nassau. There is no public bus service from the airport to hotels. Major car-rental companies are available at the airport. A taxi ride for two people from the airport to downtown Nassau costs $27; to Paradise Island, $42 (this includes the $1 bridge toll); and to Cable Beach $25. Each additional passenger is $3 and excess baggage costs $2 a bag.
Nassau is a port of call for several cruise lines. Ships dock at Prince George Wharf, in downtown Nassau.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% Off Couples Barbados
- $164 -- Bahamas: 4-Star Paradise Island All-Inclusive Resort Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
- $299 & up -- All- Incl. Bahamas Beach Trip, 3 Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off — $199 JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa