- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Atlantis, Paradise Island
At a Glance
- never run out of things to do
- kid-friendly with some adult-only areas
- incredible resort experience
- resort is expansive and requires lots of walking
- thousands of guests
- food and drinks are expensive
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Atlantis, Paradise Island Review
A bustling fantasy world—part water park, entertainment complex, megaresort, and beach oasis—this is by far the biggest and boldest resort in the country. The overriding theme here is water—for swimming, snorkeling, and observing marine life, as well as for mood and effect, in lagoons, caves, waterfalls, and several walk-through aquariums (touted as the largest artificial marine habitat in the world). The public areas are lavish, with fountains, glass sculptures, and gleaming shopping arcades. Numerous sporting activities are available, and there is plenty of nightlife on the premises; the casino, ringed by restaurants, is the largest in the Bahamas and the Caribbean. In high season (winter) expect long lines at restaurants. Despite the large number of guests on the property, the pool and beach area is so expansive that you'll be sure to find a secluded spot just for you.
The most expensive rooms are in the glamorous, high-rise Royal Towers, but the Coral Towers and Beach Towers rooms are nice and still offer access to all the fun and activities.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
Hello Forum Members !!!!!
Have read a lot about this community n i think its time for me n my fiance to put up our honeymoon query !! We from New Delhi, India, and are planning to visit the Caribbea Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more