- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Prince George Wharf
Prince George Wharf Review
The wharf that leads into Rawson Square is the first view that cruise passengers encounter after they tumble off their ships. Up to a dozen gigantic cruise ships call on Nassau at any one time, and passengers spill out onto downtown, giving Nassau an instant, and constantly replenished, surge of life. Even if you're not visiting via cruise ship, it's worth heading to Festival Place, a Bahamian village–style shopping emporium. Here you'll find booths for 45 Bahamian artisans; live music; Internet kiosks; vendors selling diving, fishing, and day trips; scooter rentals; and an information desk offering maps, directions, and suggestions for sightseeing. You can also arrange walking tours of historic Nassau here.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
Hello Forum Members !!!!!
Have read a lot about this community n i think its time for me n my fiance to put up our honeymoon query !! We from New Delhi, India, and are planning to visit the Caribbea Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more