New Providence and Paradise Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Beach hop: New Providence beaches, though less secluded than those on the Out Islands, still tempt travelers with their balmy breezes and aquamarine water. Choose between the more remote beaches on the island's western end, action-packed strips on Cable Beach, or public beaches in downtown Nassau.
Dine with the best of ’em: New Providence is the country's culinary capital. Eat at a grungy local dive for one meal, then feast in a celebrity-chef restaurant for the next.
Experience Atlantis: Explore the world's largest outdoor aquarium, splash around in the something-for-everyone water park, or dine at one of the 40+ restaurants, all while never leaving the resort property.
Celebrate Junkanoo: This uniquely Bahamian carnival takes place the day after Christmas and New Year's Day. If you miss it, there are smaller parades in Marina Village on Paradise Island each Wednesday and Saturday at 9:30 pm.Updated: 12-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's