New Providence and Paradise Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to New Providence and Paradise Islands
Beach hop: New Providence beaches, though less secluded than those on the Out Islands, still tempt travelers with their balmy breezes and aquamarine water. Choose between the more remote beaches on the island's western end, action-packed strips on Cable Beach, or public beaches in downtown Nassau.
Dine with the best of 'em: New Providence is the country's culinary capital. Eat at a grungy local dive for one meal, then feast in a celebrity-chef restaurant for the next.
Experience Atlantis: Explore the world's largest outdoor aquarium, splash around in the something-for-everyone water park,ordine at one of 40+ restaurants, all while never leaving the resort property.
Celebrate Junkanoo: This uniquely Bahamian carnival takes place the day after Christmas and New Year's Day. If you miss it, there are smaller parades in Marina Village on Paradise Island each Saturday at 9:30 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $159 -- Nassau 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 40% Off Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- $369 & up -- Caribbean Vacation Sale incl. Atlantis, 60% Off — $369 CheapCaribbean.com