Fishing in New Providence and Paradise Islands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The waters here are generally smooth and alive with many species of game fish, which is one of the reasons why the Bahamas has more than 20 fishing tournaments open to visitors every year. A favorite spot just west of Nassau is the Tongue of the Ocean, so called because it looks like that part of the body when viewed from the air. The channel stretches for 100 miles. For boat rental, parties of two to six will pay $600 or so for a half day, $1,600 for a full day.
Born Free Charters. This charter company has three boats and guarantees a catch on full-day charters—if you don't get a fish, you don't pay. 242/393–4144. www.bornfreefishing.com.
Charter Boat Association. The Charter Boat Association has 15 boats available for fishing charters. 242/393–3739.
Chubasco Charters. This charter company has three boats for deepsea and light tackle sportfishing. Half and full-day charters are available. 242/324–3474. www.chubascocharters.com.
Nassau Yacht Haven. Nassau Yacht Haven runs fishing charters out of its 150-slip marina. 242/393–8173. www.nassauyachthaven.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's