- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO) (242/352-2205) is about 6 minutes from downtown Freeport and about 10 minutes from Port Lucaya. No bus service is available between the airport and hotels. Metered taxis meet all incoming flights. Rides cost about $17 for two to Freeport, $22 to Lucaya. The price drops to $4 per person with larger groups.
Grand Bahama is the port of call for several cruise lines. Discovery Cruises (800/259-1579 www.discoverycruiseline.com) provides daily ferry service from Fort Lauderdale, a five-hour trip each way.Taxis meet all cruise ships. Passengers (two) are charged $20 for trips to Freeport and $27 to Lucaya. The price drops to $5 per person with larger groups.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe