- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Billy Joe's on the Beach
Billy Joe's on the Beach Review
Eating fresh conch salad and drinking a cold beer, island music in the background and your toes in the sand: it doesn't get any better or more Bahamian. Billy Joe has been a fixture on Lucaya beach for almost 40 years, selling his freshly made-on-the-spot (watch it being prepared!) conch salad, cracked conch, roast conch, and grilled conch (minced and cooked with tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers in an aluminum packet on the barbecue). Fried lobster and ribs are also favorites, and there's even a special menu for kids.
- Address: Lucaya Beach, behind the police station, Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island
- Phone: 242/373–1333
- Location: Lucaya
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
What a discovery! Read more
Twice a year I have the opportunity to relive some of my fondness memories growing up in Nassau. Read more
Can anyone who's been there within past year or so comment on the restaurants there? Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more