- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Billy Joe's on the Beach
Billy Joe's on the Beach Review
Eating fresh conch salad and drinking a cold beer, island music in the background and your toes in the sand: it doesn't get any better or more Bahamian. Billy Joe has been a fixture on Lucaya beach for almost 40 years, selling his freshly made-on-the-spot (watch it being prepared!) conch salad, cracked conch, roast conch, and grilled conch (minced and cooked with tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers in an aluminum packet on the barbecue). Fried lobster and ribs are also favorites, and there's even a special menu for kids.
- Address: Lucaya Beach, behind the police station, Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island
- Phone: 242/373–1333
- Location: Lucaya
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
Hello Forum Members !!!!!
Have read a lot about this community n i think its time for me n my fiance to put up our honeymoon query !! We from New Delhi, India, and are planning to visit the Caribbea Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean!... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more