Grand Bahama Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Grand Bahama Island
Get your green on. Rare birds and stretches of undisturbed wilderness attract nature-lovers to the island's "bush." Take in a variety of habitats—from secluded beaches to bat caves.
Party at a Fish Fry. Head to Smith's Point every Wednesday night to feast and party with locals on the beach. On Thursday night, the festivities move to Eight Mile Rock's Sunset Village. Friday and Saturday, it's at Port Lucaya Marketplace.
Golf in paradise. Grand Bahama has the most golf courses of any island in the Bahamas. Try your swing at one of four greens.
Shop for local art at Port Lucaya Marketplace. The most lively spot on the island features a cute Bahamian-style cluster of shops, cafés, and bars.
Go down under. Between the shipwrecks, caves, and coral reefs, Grand Bahama offers some of the country's most varied and vivid snorkeling and diving.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe