Parasailing in Grand Bahama Island
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ocean Motion Watersports. This is the largest water-sports operator on Grand Bahama and now operates all water sports at the Grand Lucayan resort. Located next to Billy Joe's, they offer everything from a water trampoline and banana boat rides to guided Waverunner tours through the canals and to Peterson Cay. For $70, you can parasail high above the beach and the water—kids and adults alike. In addition, Ocean Motion offers kayaks, Hobie Cat sailboats, waterskiing, and windsurfing instruction. If you'd rather keep it simple, rent snorkel equipment for the day ($40) and regular ferrys will take you to Rainbow Reef and back so you get plenty of beach time too. Lucayan Beach, Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island. 242/373–2139 or 242/373–9603. www.oceanmotionbahamas.com. Daily 9–6.
Paradise Watersports. This company has parasailing towboats and offers flights for $70. Island Seas Resort & Viva Wyndham Fortuna, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. 242/373–4001; 954/237–6660 US. www.the-bahamas-watersports.com/paradisewatersports.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe