Kayaking in Grand Bahama Island
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Bahama Nature Tours. Grand Bahama Nature Tours leads group kayaking tours of Lucayan National Park and other custom tours. Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island. 242/373-2485 or 866/440-4542. www.grandbahamanaturetours.com.
Ocean Motion Watersports. Here you can rent one- and two-person sea kayaks for $20-$25 per hour. Our Lucaya Beach and Golf Resort, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. 242/374-2425 or 242/373-2139. www.oceanmotionbahamas.com.
The last time locals spotted pirates on Grand Bahama Island was in 2005 when Johnny Depp and his crew were filming the second and third movies in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. They used a special device in Gold Rock Creek at one of the world's largest open-water filming tanks to give the illusion that the pirate ship was pitching and yawing. You can view the set at the new Gold Rock Beach access about 3 mi past Lucayan National Park.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer — $1,749 Royal Caribbean