- Take endless strolls on your own private beach. Sprawling, reef-protected shoreline and cays offer more than 50 miles of secluded white sand beaches along the southern shore.
- Go down under. Between the shipwrecks, caves, coral reefs, and abundant marine life are some of the country's most varied and vivid snorkeling and diving.
- Get your green on. Take part in various ecotours to see rare birds and native curly tail lizards along stretches of undisturbed wilderness, from the "bush" to bat caves.
- Party at the fish fry or a beach bonfire. Head to Smith's Point to feast and party with locals, or dance around the bonfire at Taino by the Sea with all-you-can-eat authentic Bahamian cuisine and Bahama Mama cocktails.
- Swim with the dolphins or feed the sharks. Several professional dive shops stand ready to introduce you to some of the ocean’s most interesting characters.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More