- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tingum Village Hotel
At a Glance
- local flavor
- Ma Ruby's restaurant
- no-frills interior and furnishings
- not on beach or harbor
- rustic grounds
Check Rates from our Partners
Tingum Village Hotel Review
Each of the rustic cottages on this property, owned by the Percentie family, is named after a different island of the Bahamas. The native theme continues inside the lodgings, where recently renovated rooms are individually decorated with simple beach furniture and tropical prints. Larger cottages are ideal for families, with king-size beds, kitchenettes, and two-person whirlpool tubs. There's no lobby to speak of, since the room where you check in also doubles as the famous Ma Ruby's restaurant, but the place is full of local charm and just a short walk from the pink-sand beach. Juanita Percentie, "Ma" Ruby's enterprising daughter, also rents a luxurious and tricked-out five-bedroom beach villa nearby, complete with a romantic rooftop bedroom, gourmet kitchen, and waterfall pool with swim-up bar.
- Address: Colebrooke St., Harbour Island
- Phone: 242/333–2161
- Location: Harbour Island
- 12 rooms, 7 suites, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
What a discovery! Read more
Twice a year I have the opportunity to relive some of my fondness memories growing up in Nassau. Read more
I am trying to plan a trip would like any input on Bahamas vs Republic of Panama. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike. ... Read more
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean!... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more