- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sip Sip Review
Locals and travelers alike seek out this popular snow-cone-green house overlooking the beach for a little "sip sip" (Bahamian for gossip) and delicious inspired food. Chef and owner Julie Lightbourn uses whatever is fresh, local, and in season to create "Bahamian with a twist" dishes, so check what daily specials are on the blackboard. Conch chili is one of her signatures; consider yourself lucky if the lobster quesadillas are available, and don't miss the decadent carrot cake with ginger-caramel. Sip Sip is open for lunch only, from 11:30 to 4.
- Address: Court Rd., Dunmore Town, Harbour Island
- Phone: 242/333–3316
- Location: Harbour Island
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner. Closed Tues. and mid-Aug.–Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
What a discovery! Read more
Twice a year I have the opportunity to relive some of my fondness memories growing up in Nassau. Read more
I am trying to plan a trip would like any input on Bahamas vs Republic of Panama. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike. ... Read more
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean!... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more